Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Puppets of last week

Last week was an international day of puppet theatre. I was checking if google made any animated doodle with puppets, like they did on Women's day, or Douglas Adams 61st birthday. But I didn't find anything. I read the message for all puppeteers about Pulcinella and the melodies and rhythm of swazzle. By Roberto De Simone. (Who?) 
Than I tried to book a ticket to see the last show of Belgian puppet Theatre Taptoe. Apparently they are going to quit playing. But I didn't get any reply, and it seems, that it's already sold out.
So I decided, to spend some time with my own puppets and clean up a little in the atelier. (The little space, where I work and call it the Kukulu room.) And I found this guys! My very first puppets I used to play with as a child. They are somehow ugly and nice at the same time :) I think, they should get a little honour at least by appearing on this blog. 

The good guys
The bad guys
The small guys
(Made in Czechoslovakia 1988)


3 comments:

  1. the first is always interesting...:)

    I was wondering "kukulu", good word, but tell me please what does it mean? :)
    greetings,Dorina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's the sound of a rooster :) and rooster = kohut, that's my surname. so i named our theatre like that. it's kind of a family brand already :)
      greetings!! L.

      Delete
  2. awesome!:)thanks for the explanation! clever choice of name! :)
    good luck! D.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...