Wednesday, November 28, 2012

With puppets from Bali


Almost after a year I am starting to sort out our pictures from the trip to Bali. Except of being very nostalgic I'm rediscovering all those ghosts, wayangs, gods or demons, which we met on our way... For now I picked these four masks. It is hard to say if they are masks or puppets, or both. I hope they will not disturb your dreams with their expressive looks. I'm trying to figure out, who they are. Wikipedia says, that the first one is a lion, representing a protector spirit Barong. He has often two monkeys with him, so I guess that is the one of them on the second pic. But who is the bird and boar, I'm not sure. Oh, I will have to go to Bali again and find it all out! :)



...




...




...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...